Wednesday 10 March 2010

On Hiatus

I'm away as of tomorrow and won't be updating the blog until I return in two weeks. Though I'm looking forward to a break and a change of scenery, I will miss home. The lambs will be bigger, the daffodils will be flowering. The bluebells and the wild garlic are just starting to show in the woods now. The grass will probably need mowing by the time I return. The farmers have started rolling their fields to flatten the heaves made from frost and cows grazing. They may even be ploughing when I get back. Spring lambing will be underway. And we'll be starting to collect pheasants eggs to hatch. It's the start of our busy season.

I will be sure and tell you all about it when I get back.

Our lambs will be grazing here as soon as they're weaned - right above Mike's trout fishing pond. How convenient!

5 comments:

Tamar@StarvingofftheLand said...

Jen -- Have a wonderful trip! We'll miss M&T while you're gone. "Have you seen Jen's new post?" has become a standard question in our house.

We'll give you a pass this time, but next time you're Stateside, we fully expect a New England stop!

Donna said...

Enjoy visiting your sister and have a wonderful trip!

Paula said...

Jen- is that idyllic setting on your new property? Lovely! Have a great time in SF!

Middle Cottage Diary said...

Hope you enjoy your break, look forward to hearing about it when you return.

Debbie said...

Hi Jen, it's your favorite old compaƱera de cuarto stopping by to say hola! I've been reading your blog here and there and I marvel that we once shared a room on the 7th floor of Grayson. What an interesting life you are leading!! I'm glad to know you're in the states for a visit and I hope you have a wonderful time in beautiful San Francisco. My sister lives there too and we had a fabulous visit there last summer. Would love to hear from you, drop a line when you can! xxoo

Debbie