Monday 21 May 2018

A Long Coffee Break

I seem to have gone on an extended hiatus. I apologise.

Nothing bad has happened, aside from the regular ups and downs of farming life. I think I felt like I had nothing new to say, and was repeating myself with the seasons: lambing, growing, mowing, hunting, Christmas, end of the season. Lather, rinse, repeat.

If you will bear with me, I will try and grow my writing, along with my crops and my animals. I don't know exactly what we'll evolve into her at M&T. I know I originally started this blog to let my family know what we were up to, with photos of their favourite animals. That will have to continue to be part of the blog. But I'm open to ideas and suggestions always.

I've missed you guys as well. More to come.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful...you're back. I missed you as I love your blog. Keep up the good work.

On a Wing and a Whim said...

Glad to hear all is well!

Write whatever you want to, when you want to, not what you feel you should be obligated to - or all the fun evaporates. And if it's not fun, then what's the point?

Paula said...

I also don't write when I don't feel I have anything interesting to say, but it's long past time I did. I've noticed on my blog that I get more hits on a particular post when I have something instructive to post, but you know, that doesn't always happen.

As far as your blog goes, I'm always glad to read about anything you care to post- you at least have a real farm life!!

Unknown said...

Hello! I have been reading your blog for a long time now, though I don't remember how I found it originally. I think at the time I was working as a museum interpreter primarily tending chickens and a garden of a plantation site. Anyway, I really appreciate your writing and look forward to the continuance of your blog. I'm farming full-time now in the States and am amazed you ever have time to write such thoughtful posts. Anyway, this isn't an idea or suggestion, but thank you!

Hazel said...

I'm so glad to hear from you. I passed your way the other weekend- I went past a sign post I think maybe to your village- and hoped everything was ok.
I'm another vote for writing whatever makes you happy! I'm always pleased to hear of what you're doing.

Anonymous said...

YAH! Glad to see you are back! No need to re-think anything what you write about, it always interesting, funny or educational (at least for me)
KJ

Katie said...

I've missed you!

Sally S said...

Happy Fourth of July (I guess it's over already there)

Anonymous said...

Should be bring some apple pie to that coffee? Hope you are doing well.
KJ