Friday 19 February 2010

And what the new lambs have taught me

An addendum to yesterday's post - something the new batch of lambs has taught me: Lamb milk replacer is just that, replacement milk for lambs. It does not in any way replace milk in your morning coffee. If you run out, drink your coffee black. Trust me on this.

However, those little battery-powered whizzy sticks for frothing milk for your cappucino? Brilliant at mixing the replacement milk powder. It breaks down all the lumps so the teats don't get blocked up.

I just thought I'd share.

5 comments:

martha in mobile said...

I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading all the back entries. I, too, am a transplant, if only from Northern California to Alabama (though sometimes I am positive they are different countries).
Re: replacement milk in coffee -- the same holds true for kitten replacement milk. Just so you know.

Jennifer Montero said...

Martha - so it wasn't just me that gave it a try eh? Kitten milk info duly noted. Glad you're enjoying the blog.

I was actually born on Fort Rucker Army Base in Alabama, though brought up in Massachusetts. Hope you are coping with the culture divide!

ArdenwoodPatti said...

I second Martha's comments. I'm transplanted from the Chicago area to outside Boston, to outside Pittsburgh, to Northern California. Just a few moves.

I drink my coffee black, so I can't comment on puppy milk replacer (for which I just found a new home.) I had it around from my litter of Flat-coated retrievers born a few years back.

Photos of flatcoats, hunting and other stuff can be found on my Flickr site here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/pskorupa/

Jennifer Montero said...

Hi Patti - Just looked at your flickr site. Those are some gorgeous dogs!! As the keeper of a 1 year old flattie I can already tell I'm going to be a convert. Truely a gentleman's hunting dog. Such presence! I will be looking again for update pics.

I also drink my coffee black - it was my poor husband who took the brunt of the milk experiment.

Jennifer Montero said...

Sorry - I meant to type 'truly'. bad speeling ;-)